PRIVATE MATERNITY NURSE SERVICES
Trusted Maternity Nurses
Private Maternity Nurses also known as Newborn Care Specialists (NCS) are highly trained or experienced professionals who usually provide childcare services to babies up to 6 months.
The maternity nurse will be there to give you advice and provide support. She will help take care of your baby and assist you day and night. The specialist will help you identify and establish the daily routines of your newborn. She will assist with breastfeeding/bottle feeding, bathing and many other aspects of newborn care.
Our maternity nurses have an extensive newborn experience, and have worked as nurses, midwifes or childcare assistant. Most of our professionals are registered with the agency for several years.
The maternity nurse will usually be on call 24 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week, with 4 hours break per day.
Maternity nurse duties
- Providing everyday baby care
- Breast feeding support, feeding bottle sterilisation
- Implementation of a daily routine, in accordance with the family preference
- Tidying up of the baby bedroom and laundry
- Accompanying the family during medical visits
- Keeping a daily logbook
- Monitor baby’s growth and weight gain
- Identify common issues/conditions, such as colic and reflux, and assist with managing them.
Caring for your newborn with love and compassion
What Schedule Works Best for You?
Heritage offers newborn care experts who can fit the needs of your busy life and schedule. Depending on the level of support you are looking for, our caregivers can provide:
- Full time and part time services
- Live-in and Live- Out
- 24 hour care (two 12 hour shifts)
- Hourly overnight services
- Hourly day time shifts
Maternity nurse’ salaries depend on experience, age, degrees, and the specifications of each position.
Click here to enquire further in the strictest confidence.
We answer your questions
Maternity nurses are booked way in advance of the baby birth, some clients contacting us from the 8th to 12th week of pregnancy.
These newborn care specialists are highly demanded, it is therefore required not to wait to long in order to find the ideal candidate.
A dedicated consultant will guide you along the entire selection process, answering all your questions.
Below, a short summary of our process:
- Phone interview in order to carefully assess your needs and understand your environment.
- After the introduction of our selected maternity nurse profiles, our dedicated expert will help you organise the first interviews (in-person, phone, Skype etc.)
- Once the ideal candidate is found, confirm your choice to your consultant as soon as possible, in order to book your newborn care specialist.
Heritage Staffing also works with sleep trainers who can implement a specific routine adapted to your baby.
Working in close collaboration with you, the specialist will assess the current routine, listen to you before making any recommendations about the best way to adjust the feeding, playing, changing and napping schedules of your baby to better accommodate his nights. All suggestions will be made while respecting your values.